Smile wide and show your spirit with a brand-new set of dentures. Don’t hide behind a close-lipped grin, let Dentistry of Virginia Beach give you back your smile. Whatever your needs, we can accommodate them. Whether you are missing only a few teeth or have lost them all, Dentistry of Virginia Beach will make certain that you get the appropriate treatment and care that you deserve.
There are two types of dentures:
- Partial – Implemented when some natural teeth remain. The replacement piece generally consists of false teeth connected to a pink base. Sometimes there may be a metal frame that holds the bridge in place. Similar to a metal retainer, partial dentures can help maintain the position of natural teeth as well as filling in the spaces left by missing teeth.
- Full or Complete – Conventional complete dentures are inserted several months after the removal of natural teeth; while immediate full dentures are cast ahead of time and ready to be inserted right away. They are generally better as a temporary solution before obtaining conventional dentures, which tend to fit better and need fewer adjustments.
After your dentures have been put in place, they may take some getting used to.
- At first, it may be beneficial to cut your food into very small pieces.
- Be sure to chew slowly, on both sides of your mouth.
- Exercise caution with hot foods
- Avoid sticky or hard foods (bones, shells, hard candy)
- No gum
- No toothpicks
If you are interested in having Dentistry of Virginia Beach create and insert your dentures, please contact us today.